Saturday, February 19, 2011

Five Simple Ways to Improve IELTS Writing Skills

Practice IELTS free:
Visit: www.profnaeem.com 

Introduction
Even if your future plans don’t include becoming the next Shakespeare or Hemingway,writing is one of the most valuable skills you’ll ever learn. Throughout your school years, in college, and beyond, no matter what career you decide on, you’ll need to be able to express yourself clearly. Here are five tips to help you become the best writer you can be.


Learn the rules. Mastering the rules of grammar, spelling, and punctuation is a bitlike learning to ride a bike. The process might be painful but the results areworth it. The more you learn about the basic foundations of good writing, theeasier, smoother, and more fun the writing process will be.

Stick to the main idea. Before you start writing, identify and write down asentence or two that identifies exactly what you’re trying to tell about or say. This writing “blueprint” is called a thesis statement. Everything you include in your paper, essay, or other writing should support your thesis statement. A clear thesis statement will help you stay on topic and reduce clutter in your writing.Keep it simple. Use plain, clear language whenever possible. You may think fancy words make you sound smart, but it’s more important to make sure readers understand your meaning than it is to impress them with your vocabulary.

Review and revise. Every piece of writing can benefit from some tweaking and polishing. Read your finished draft with a critical eye, marking changes to make later. If possible, ask a friend to read it and make comments too. This feedback will help you avoid embarrassing mistakes and will also help improve your writing.

Use reference tools. Keep a dictionary and a thesaurus handy—whether hard-copy books or electronic versions—to look up words and check spelling. 

Make a habit of looking up words you don’t know. There are lots of good writing resources on the Internet, too. Find your favorites and use them often.

People who read this post also read :



11 comments:

nancy john said...

A simple IELTS revision is must for mainly English exam

Julia Robert said...

Thanks for sharing this nice post. If you want to get maximum marks in IELTS Listening section than increase your practice to Improve IELTS Listening test Score.

Anonymous said...

Great blog you have here but I was curious if you knew of any
discussion boards that cover the same topics discussed in this article?
I'd really like to be a part of community where I can get feedback from other knowledgeable people that share the same interest. If you have any recommendations, please let me know. Bless you!

Also visit my weblog; http://froxh.com/profile/alvarobeck

Anonymous said...

My brother recommended I would possibly like this blog. He
used to be entirely right. This put up truly made my day.

You cann't believe simply how a lot time I had spent for this info! Thank you!

Feel free to visit my website Workouts For Vertical

Anonymous said...

Hi everybody, here every person is sharing these kinds of experience, therefore it's fastidious to read this web
site, and I used to go to see this web site every day.


Here is my web page ... top anti aging face creams

Anonymous said...

I don't even understand how I finished up
here, however I believed this put up used to be good.
I do not understand who you're but definitely you're going to a
well-known blogger in the event you are not already. Cheers!


my homepage; goji actives (http://www.architekturbuero-krueger.de/miracle-goji-berry-fact-or-fiction)

Anonymous said...

I will immediately clutch your rss feed as I can not to find your e-mail subscription hyperlink or
e-newsletter service. Do you've any? Kindly allow
me understand in order that I may just subscribe. Thanks.

Here is my website - phen375 for sale

Anonymous said...

Prada Bags For Cheap
It's appropriate time to make a few plans for
the future and it's time to be happy. I have learn this publish and if I could I want
to recommend you few interesting things or advice. Maybe you could write next articles relating to
this article. I want to read more things about it!

Anonymous said...

I leave a leave a response each time I especially enjoy a article on a site or I have something to contribute
to the discussion. Usually it is triggered by the sincerness displayed in the article I
read. And on this article "Five Simple Ways to Improve IELTS Writing Skills".
I was actually moved enough to post a commenta response :-P
I actually do have a couple of questions for
you if it's okay. Is it just me or do some of these remarks appear as if they are written by brain dead individuals?
:-P And, if you are writing at other sites, I would like to keep
up with you. Would you list every one of all your shared pages
like your twitter feed, Facebook page or linkedin profile?


Check out my web blog; garcinia cambogia benefits

Anonymous said...

Salon and Spa

Anonymous said...

Thank you for another great post. The place else may anyone get that kind of information in such a perfect way of writing?
I've a presentation subsequent week, and I'm on the search for such info.



Here is my website ... bmi calculator men

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments!